Author: Dr. Kathyani V S
Qualification : MBBS, DGO, Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine
The Keys To A Successful IUI Treatment
Human body undergoes enormous changes during pregnancy. It affects the body from head to toes. It is amazing how the body accommodates the baby so smoothly.
- There is a new growth spurt in hair, glow on the face and bleeding gums because of increased estrogen in the blood.
- Increased pigmentation on face ,neck , nipples and abdomen due to increase in melanin . This pigmentation
is also known as melasma or chloasma or PREGNANCY MASK.
- Water retention leading to puffiness of face , swelling of fingers and toes . Swelling around sciatic nerve
causes pain in lower back and thigh . Contact lens users feel difficulty in their usage.
- There is marked increase in the size of breasts as they need to get ready for nursing the baby.
- Dryness of skin and breakage of collagen leading to stretch marks.
- Constipation because of progesterone ,the hormone of pregnancy ,it is known to make the bowel sluggish.
- Joints and ligaments loosen around pelvis and other places because of pregnancy hormones specially
RELAXIN, this helps for accommodating baby and delivery. Loosening also results in back pain, change in
- Increase in body temperature, heart rate and Breathlessness due to increase in metabolic rate and increased
- Increase in stagnation of venous blood flow leads to hemorrhoids or piles, varicose veins
- Acne worsens as the hormonal shift makes skin very oily.
happiness with India’s
Trusted Fertility Chain
Need help? Talk to our fertility experts.
Had an IVF Failure? Take a Second Opinion.