In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) – Process & Technology
Services / Service Details
Make an appointment
IVF (In Vitro Fertilization)
Vitro Fertilization is one of the Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) commonly referred to as IVF or Advance IVF. It is the process of fertilization by extracting eggs, retrieving a sperm sample then manually combining an egg and sperm in laboratory conditions. The embryo formed after fertilization is then transferred to the uterus.
IVF can be used to treat infertility in a lot of cases like blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes, male factor infertility which includes reduced sperm count or sperm mobility. It is also used in cases of women who have ovulation disorders, premature ovarian failure, uterine fibroids or who have had their Fallopian tubes removed. It is also considered in cases of individuals with their fertility related genetic disorders and unexplained infertility.
IUI, or intrauterine insemination, is a relatively simple fertility treatment. It may be done with or without fertility drugs. The procedure itself involves transferring specially washed semen directly into the uterus via a thin catheter. IUI treatment is recommended for male infertility.
At motherhood, we have an infertility centre with a team of specialized doctors are highly experienced, and provide best IVF treatment their technology and strict processes ensure that our success rates are amongst the highest in the country.
Motherhood Hospital also provides services like a sperm donor, egg freezing, embryo freezing and psychological counselling.
Most importantly, Motherhood infertility centre at Bangalore provides a safe, supportive and comforting environment to help you through this period.+
What does IVF involve?
The Following steps take place under IVF:
- Fertilization medications are prescribed to stimulate female egg production. The medication also helps in development and maturation of female eggs.
- Eggs are then extracted using a minor surgical procedure which involves ultrasound imaging to guide a thin needle to the pelvic cavity.
- Male sperm sample are then collected and combined with the eggs under complete supervision.
- The Combination is then stored in a laboratory dish to encourage fertilisation. Once the eggs fertilise, they are considered Embryos.
- The Embryos are then transferred into the female uterus.
First step towards infertility is correct diagnosis and NOT treatment.
Motherhood IVF free appointment booking
Book your appointment online in less than 5 minutes
Give us a call
+ 91 1234567890
Email us at: