Services / Service Details
Make an appointment
- Higher frozen embryo transfer success rates have allowed many of our patients to achieve more than one pregnancy from a single cycle of ovarian stimulation. Embryos can be frozen at any stage of development during the IVF process.
- Eggs that are fertilized can be frozen as early as 1 day after an egg retrieval procedure, but it is more common to allow embryos to develop for a number of days before freezing them. This allows us to observe how well the embryos are developing so that only embryos with a good probability of establishing a pregnancy are frozen.
- Embryos tolerate freezing very well and we expect over 90% of embryos to survive the process. Pregnancy rates with frozen/thawed embryos are as good as pregnancy rates for embryos that were transferred fresh without ever being frozen.
Frozen Embryo Transfer
‘Frozen embryos’ is a term used to refer to those embryos that are not transferred during the index in -vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles and are subsequently cryopreserved.
A frozen embryo transfer can be used to produce a viable pregnancy by first thawing the frozen embryo, and transferring it into an appropriately prepared uterus.
It is a simple procedure wherein a patient is provided with hormonal medications to develop uterine lining, from day 3 of menses. Serial blood tests and ultrasound scans are done to monitor the uterine lining/endometrium. Then the optimal time in the patient’s cycle is determined and embryos are transferred into the womb.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
- Inadequate uterine lining.
Frozen embryo transfer success rates:
The success rates of an FET cycle are comparable to fresh IVF cycles and sometimes result in a higher success rate because of the opportunity to optimize the lining of the uterus before implantation, among other reasons. Both fresh and frozen cycles have the same primary indicator for success: the maternal age at the time of embryo freezing.
First step towards infertility is correct diagnosis and NOT treatment.
Motherhood IVF free appointment booking
Book your appointment online in less than 5 minutes
Give us a call
+ 91 1234567890
Email us at: